AURORA, IL – March 29, 2018 – Mitutoyo America Corporation is pleased to announce the release MCOSMOS V4.2 metrology software for Mitutoyo coordinate measuring machines. MCOSMOS by Mitutoyo is a proprietary metrology suite of inter-related modules and dedicated expansion modules for Microsoft Windows.
MCOSMOS allows integration among a series of applications, improving the efficiency of your CMM and the productivity of quality control functions. Specific expansion modules are available dedicated to GEOPAK or for specific applications such as GEAR measurement, airfoil analysis, reverse engineering and integrating CAD with metrology.
MCOSMOS v4.2 highlights include:
- Enhanced hole shape measurement for sheetmetal
- Enhanced measuring tools for QVP optical probe system withVISIONPAK-PRO
- Enhanced 3D scanning with nominal data or active 3Dscanning
- Support of Renishaw SP25 stylus holders SH25-2A/3A/4A, ideal for non-linear and starstyli
- Support of Renishaw MRS2 racksystems
- Extended functionality of cone and cylinder intersection withsurfaces
- Gauss filter improvement for automatic circle scanning with 5 different UPR values per DIN ISO12181
- Universal CMM Designer – added custom CMM definition with user-defined axis orientation forXYZ
- Enhanced view tool for large number of measurement points displayed on the CADmodel