AURORA, IL –Mitutoyo America Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the QM-Height Series High Performance Height Gage to its small tools line. The QM-Height is used to measure height, height difference (step), inside/outside widths, inside/outside diameters, circle pitch, free-form surface maximum/minimum heights and height difference by scanning measurement*. It features best-in-class accuracy ± (2.4+2.1L/600) μm, and a built-in pneumatic flotation system enables smooth movement over a surface plate.
Two sub-display modes display the value from the previous measurements or the value from the zero/origin point. Origin points can also be set from hole centers. Highlighted features:
- GO/±NG judgment by LED and display symbols: LEDs indicate tolerance judgment status – green for GO, red for +NG, and orange for -NG. Additionally, status is indicated by corresponding symbols appearing on the display.
- Inside/outside diameters, maximum/minimum heights and displacement measured using a standard probe: Besides height measurement, Mitutoyo’s proprietary mechanism and firmware enables scanning measurement of inside/outside diameters, maximum/minimum heights, and height differences.
- ABSOLUTE encoder maintains the origin: The electromagnetic induction type ABSOLUTE encoder maintains the origin. The origin does not need to be set after turning on the power. (Except when there is a considerable environmental change).
- New d2 Digimatic and USB outputs: Digimatic and USB ports are standard. Using the U-WAVE-T measurement data wireless communication system enables instant transmission of measurement data to a PC via wireless communication reducing manual input errors and improves data reliability and operational efficiency.
- Increased Power Supply: 1,200 hours of battery life in continuous use.
- Air-suspension Feature: Pressing a button on the grip activates the internal air pump. The base rises on a cushion of air and is able to be moved smoothly over the surface plate.
Mitutoyo Corporation is the world’s largest provider of measurement and inspection solutions offering the most complete selection of machines, sensors, systems and services with a line encompassing CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machines), vision, form and finish measuring machines, as well as precision tools & instruments, and metrology data management software. Mitutoyo’s nationwide network of Metrology Centers and support operations provides application, calibration, service, repair and educational programs to ensure that our 8,500+ metrology products will deliver measurement solutions for our customers throughout their lifetime.
Mitutoyo America Corporation
965 Corporate Boulevard, Aurora, IL 60502
Phone: (630) 820-9666; Fax: (630) 820-2614