Mitutoyo America Corporation Introduces the FORMTRACER Avant Series Contour & Roughness Measuring System
AURORA, IL – October 1, 2020 – Mitutoyo America Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the FORMTRACER Avant Series Contour and Surface Roughness measuring system. The FORMTRACER Avant is a revolutionary hybrid measuring system that measures advanced contour and surface roughness features with high precision, speed, flexibility and efficiency in one machine.
- Quick Sensor Exchange Without Turning Off Machine: The first of its kind, the Avant features a unique “Hot Swap” ability to quickly change between surface and contour detector heads without the need of tools or powering off the control unit.
- Stylus Protection Function: New stylus protection function controls the downward movement of the stylus, reducing risk of damaging the stylus tip.
- Easily Add/Retrofit Optional Detectors: All FORMTRACER Avant models can be upgraded and retrofitted with optional detectors for better measuring application versatility.
- Operation Keys Added to Remote Joystick Box: Operation keys are integrated with the remote joystick box, making part programming and work piece set up easier than ever before.
- Best-In-Class Drive Speed: The high-speed drive unit and column axis reduces set-up time, improving efficiency and increasing throughput.
- Unprecedented Versatility: “Hot swapping” heads along with an inclining X-axis drive, double-sided conical stylus for continuous measurements of upper/lower surfaces, and a wide variety of optional accessories to measure nearly any type of workpiece makes the Avant Series one of the most versatile machines of its type.